Roku just revealed 18 new movies and TV shows that will stream for free on The Roku Channel
Roku hosted NewFronts’ first live presentation in New York this Tuesday. During the presentation, the company announced 18 original productions currently in the works for The Roku Channel. They include new seasons of Quibi shows that Roku acquired early last year, such as most dangerous game and Die Hart. There are a bunch of other originals coming too, like BIZARRE: The story of Al Yankovic with Daniel Radcliffe.
Roku has not confirmed any release dates for the upcoming Originals on The Roku Channel. But he shared the following trailer for the upcoming Weird Al movie:
Scripted content coming to The Roku Channel
- WEIRD: The Al Yankovic Narrative: Feature-length comedy about the life and career of the best-selling comic artist of all time “Weird Al” Yankovic (Daniel Radcliffe).
- most dangerous game season 2: Determined to protect his sister, Victor Suero (David Castañeda) agrees to participate in a 24-hour murder game in New York organized by Miles Seller (Christoph Waltz).
- Die Hart season 2: follows fictional Kevin Hart as he tries to improve his action star status.
- Underpants: A comedy that follows a woman (Zoe Lister-Jones) through parallel universes as she enters new relationships in an effort to find her partner and ultimately herself..
- Children ruin everything sseason 2 : A heartwarming, relatable comedy about living with the worst roommates of all: young children.
Unscripted content coming to The Roku Channel
- The Great American Pastry Show: Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith deliver America’s version of the world’s most beloved baking show, bringing together passionate and talented bakers to compete in the iconic tent to see who will be named America’s Best Home Baker.
- The Great American Baking Show: Celebrity Party Editing: A holiday special where the biggest celebrity talents compete to win the baking crown – all in the name of charity.
- Delicious: Roku’s first Spanish-language original series, a cooking contest, rooted in the rich stories and traditions of Latin heritage through high-end documentary storytelling.
- Honest Renovations: A home improvement series that delves into the trials and tribulations of new parenthood, hosted by Jessica Alba and Lizzy Mathis.
- In Paris for love: a reality Rom-Com: A one-of-a-kind feature film in the traditional ‘romantic comedy’ genre following three real single friends in the City of Lights, from Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and Zoë Saldaña’s Cinestar.
- Chrissy’s Yard sseason 2 + 3: Chrissy Teigen and her mother Pepper Thai reign supreme as judge and bailiff in this courtroom. Plaintiffs, defendants and disputes are real – with Chrissy’s rulings on these final and binding small claims cases.
- Martha’s Gardens: Martha Stewart is an avid gardener and grower of plants and vegetables. Over the course of a year in the life of her incredible 153-acre farm, Martha will share the tips, tricks, and tools that gardeners of all skill levels need to be successful and have fun.
- Martha cooks: Lifestyle icon Martha Stewart cooks 100 of her favorite recipes, working with world-renowned chefs and dear friends, all from her kitchen in Bedford, New York.
- Martha Holidays: Martha Stewart is your host for any vacation! From festive family dishes to dazzling desserts, from decorating tips to thoughtful gift ideas, Martha will share her secrets for a successful and joyful holiday season.
- Emeril Tailgates: Whether you’re in the parking lot or the living room, no game is complete without the food and drinks you share with family and friends. Chef and grill master Emeril Lagasse will add his “kick” to region-specific dishes inspired by popular dishes from across the country, from Buffalo wings to Kansas City barbecue.
- Emeril cooks: Chef Emeril Lagasse hosts a cooking show in the heart of New Orleans, highlighting his restaurant menus, cookbooks and air fryer favorites.
- Milk Street Cooking School: With engaging and accessible recipes from around the world, Kimball and her team of experts seek to inspire home cooks to try new techniques, ingredients and tools that will make them more confident, successful and excited to get started. in the kitchen.
- My Family’s Milk Street Recipe: Few things evoke such emotion as food shared with family. With a combination of historical context and modern culinary know-how, Christopher Kimball and James Beard Award winner Cheryl Day will help home cooks recreate lost or forgotten cherished family recipes. My family recipe is more than a cooking show – it’s a show about history, community, family and memories, and how food connects it all.
The Roku channel is shaping up to be a major player in the years to come. In case you missed it, we’ve also shared the list of free movies coming to the streaming service in May. Some of the highlights include Air conditioning, Black Swanand The ghost.
More Roku coverage: For even more information on Roku, visit our Roku guide.